- Full Membership to this Association shall be open to any active full time paid law enforcement officer, either Federal, State, County or Municipal, who is a canine handler, trainer or administrator, pending approval of regional elected officers. This shall include members of the Military Police who may be either canine handlers, trainers, or administrators.
- Any full member may continue as such in the event he or she enters military service and later returns to canine law enforcement on a full time basis.
- An Associate Membership may be held in the Association under the following conditions:
- A person who trains canines for an established law enforcement agency.
- A retired full time paid law enforcement officer, either Federal, State, County or Municipal, who was a canine handler, trainer or administrator pending approval of regional elected officers. This shall include members of the military police that may be retired canine handlers, trainers or administrators.
- Associate membership must have approval of Regional Elected Officers.
- Associate membership shall have voting privileges but cannot hold regional or National office.
- An Honorary Membership may be bestowed on a person for distinguished or meritorious acts in the field of canine service.
- Special Membership may be granted to persons so designated by a Regional Executive
Yearly dues of this Association are $50.00 and are due on January 1st of each year. Click here to pay your dues. Benefits include:
- $1,000 Death Benefit for a member who is Killed in the Line of Duty Death Benefit.
- $500 Death Benefit for a canine who is Killed in the Line of Duty.
- Issues of the Canine Courier Magazine mailed to your home throughout the year.